About French Bulldogs
The French Bulldog is sometimes called a “Clown dog” because they are known to be fun loving vivacious “clowns of the dog world” and will always make you laugh. Their calm nature makes them an excellent choice for apartment dwellers, as does their sensible attitude towards barking. French Bulldogs make excellent companions, they are patient and affectionate with their owners, and especially good with children. French Bulldogs can easily live with other pets when the proper introductions are done.
- They are not originally from France believe it or not! England actually.
- They are not great swimmers due to their heavy heads. If around water, please keep an eye on your fur baby friend and perhaps invest in a life jacket.
- They are sensitive and respond best to encouragement and positive reinforcement as opposed to scolding. Don’t be surprised if you see them moping around or giving you the stink eye if you do scold them!
- They sleep in the most unusual positions.
- They are friendly with other animals, great around cats especially when introduced at a young age, and make a great friend!
- They are the clowns of the dog world and seem to thrive on making us laugh.
- They are more active than you think! But are sensitive to extreme temperatures like very hot or very cold so be cautious in summer and winter months.